Monday, May 14, 2018

How to Purify Yourself with Holy Water Before Entering the Hokkaido Shrine @ Sapporo [Hokkaido, Japan]

The above is a scene i frequently see in Japanese comic books when the character has to enter a Japanese shrine and although i have been to quite a few Japanese shrines in the my first trip to Japan; i have never encountered one with holy water sprouting from a large boulder! 

Furthermore, it's housed under a big, wooden shelter! However, we must remember that this is the biggest shrine in Hokkaido and its name is easy to remember; Hokkaido Shrine which was built in 1871.

Being a first timer, i have no idea how to purify / cleanse myself with the holy water (an essential procedure before we enter the shrine) and i am so grateful to have the above pictorial process that's also described in English and Chinese! To make it easier for me to refer; i purposely created this post! 

I am still far from being a pro but at least i know i shouldn't be rinsing my mouth by holding the ladle to my mouth! 


For your benefit! 

=====

Location
Maruyama Park, Chūō-ku, 
Sapporo, Japan.


No comments:

Post a Comment