Friday, October 10, 2014

Top 10 Fishball Noodles - Ru Ji Kitchen (如记小厨) @ Holland Drive Hawker Centre [Singapore]

When friends ask if i am a food blogger, i would say no since i am not that adventurous when it comes to food and once i stick to one stall, it's hard for me to switch to another unless the one i like is closed or when it is inconvenient for me to travel that far to fix a craving. 

There's a third reason - the emergence of a long queue right outside the stall, which was exactly the case for Ru Ji during my first visit. Back then (not more a month ago), i got my hands on the noodles but not their famous homemade fish balls! 

I was back again (with my trusty DSLR this time) to check out the stall located within Holland Drive Food Centre. Just to be sure i am getting my fish balls, i dropped by way before lunch at 10.30am.

Got it! I should review the noodles first - the mee poh (flat noodles) was totally lacking in flavour and had too tough a texture; maybe it's my fault for not requesting tomato and chilli sauce together and taking too long with the photo taking, 

Now on the highly acclaimed fish balls - very Q, juicy and soft. The taste had a hint of fishiness although it was the kind that wasn't excessive for us to brush off as being too fishy. What i enjoyed more were the fishcakes which had a thick, solid bite and extremely tasty! 

Noodles need to be improved but as far as fish balls and fish cakes were concerned, i was very satisfied. :) 

=====

Location
44, Holland Drive, #02-28, 
Holland Drive Market And Food Centre

Price
Fish Ball Noodles - Minimal S$3

No comments:

Post a Comment