Monday, February 10, 2014

Suckling Pig & Roast Goose @ Restoran You Kee (有记XO烧腊之家)

After that scrumptious meal i had with the Kon-Tan couple at You Kee in January, i made it a point to ask my mom and sisters to join me for another short trip to the Malaysia where i could once again partake in the best char siew ever in my whole life! 

Twenty days was all it took for me to be seated in the Chinese restaurant, surrounded by my family. Frankly, this was already an achievement; should the restaurant be located in Singapore, i bet you would see me in the same premise within a week! 

Cantonese Roast Goose
[广州烧鹅]
My aim was obviously the epic char siew although i could not say the same for my family members who embraced a much healthier lifestyle. 

Hence, this roast goose order which turned out to be plump, juicy and honestly, tasted beyond my expectation. So much so that i preferred this over the signature XO roast duck. 

Suckling Pig
[乳猪]
I shall not be talking about the oh-my-god-that's-delicious char siew but you may wish to note that i ordered the large serving for just the four of us! 

Kon had mentioned that the suckling pig in You Kee was another must try (we were simply too full the last round) and i was determined to place an order this time round! 

They were as sinful as they should be and featured crispy pork skin that was as usual, addictive to a suckling pig lover! Having said that, i pondered for a while after the meal if i would travel all the way from Singapore just to have a piece of that suckling pig.

Answer - nope but i would do that for the char siew! 

=====

Location
83-83A, Jalan Dedap 7, 
Taman Johor Jaya, 
81100 Johor Bahru, 
Malaysia

Price
Cantonese Roast Goose (top quarter) - RM 48
Suckling Pig - Minimum RM 30

Additional Information
For information on the menu, map showing the location of this branch and addresses of other branches, please click my first post on You Kee HERE

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:36 PM

    有烧鹅吗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 得打电话问哦。偶尔会有。 016-772-8807

      Delete