Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chinese New Year 2014 - An Assortment of Pictures from the Eve and First Two Days

Even though Lunar New Year is long over, i personally thought this would be the right time to publish the photographs i took over the eve and the first two days; with life getting back to norm, don't you think it would be nice to reminisce the festive celebration!?

Let's start with my family new year's eve dinner! Korean cuisine at Ju Shin Jung opposite Haw Par Villa for the wide array of side dishes, tasty marinated meats and fresh veggies that were miraculously approved by the health conscious patriarch of the family.

I chose Ju Shin Jung for a simpler reason; the indoor kids' playground which would help to keep my niece and nephew occupied while us adults could have a disturbance-free meal. 

My elder sister and brother in law! By the way, it is Johnny's birthday today! Let's all wish him a happy happy birthday! 

You wouldn't believe it; i woke up close to 10am on the very first day of the Lunar New Year! In the past, my parents would drag me up at 7am so that we could prepare to visit my paternal grandparents. With both sets of grandparents in heaven now, i guess mom is more flexible with the timing now. 

However, as grandparents themselves, it means my sister and brother in law would bring their two kids over to "pai nian"! Thankfully, my elder sister is known to be worse of a sleepyhead and i am so glad i have not had the "misfortune" to have the two buggers climbing over my head as i continue to be in a deep slumber on the first day of CNY. 

Younger sister and Jovyn! Both of them are super duper close and honestly, Jovyn does look like my younger sister when she was a toddler 30 years ago! 

They were so close; Jovyn was tearing like a mad woman when we separated after a long day of visitations in Upper Thomson, where most of my grandparents' siblings reside.

First day was reserved for the paternal side while the second day was solely spent at my uncle's place (maternal side) which has been the longstanding custom for my family! When we missed it last year due to an overseas trip to Bintan, it was like a huge chunk of festive mood has been taken away.

Food, food, food. This little brother of my mother is an extreme foodie and should be considered as the initial ignition for my glutton state now.

Mom with her second sister and my cousin! Such gatherings are so much fun and there was so much catching up to do; how's your job, have a girlfriend already are common questions i faced.

To evade those questions, i had to escape to the ground floor, where Jovyn and Jerald were enjoying the playground under the insanely hot sun, and forced them to pose for me! 

I didn't ask them to strike this pose!!! I could have photoshop in a few piles of shit but i am a nice uncle. I would do that when they are much older and publish it on their social wall. :P

The two of them again!

Television was showing 'Despicable Me' and this managed to hold the attention of the two brats since they both knew the uber cute minions!! Watching television is the favourite pastime for children during this period as they could not participate in the adult conversation.

Last look of the cheeky brat before i end the post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment