Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Horrid? - Ajisen Ramen

At least, that was the initial impression when I first dined at Ajisen Ramen in Parkway Parade.

Taken from capitalandretail.com

Fast forward to 7 years later (or was it 6?) in the newly built Sembawang Shopping Centre (not to be confused with Sun Plaza) on a cool day. Both Alex and I were pondering what to eat and our gastric juices were getting really agitated since it was almost 8. Should we have Aston Specialties AGAIN?

NOT!

Due to my age (30 next yr), I recently developed a penchant for soupy products!! Plus the fact I get full faster with soup products, which indirectly means I will eat lesser!! Lesser fats!! Lower cholesterol!! Defined abs!!!! Yehh!!!!!

Sorry, I digress.

I guess it’s always good to give a second chance to all unfortunate events. Anyway, since that episode with Ajisen Ramen eons back, I have not given any chance to try them again. Until now (with my latest interest in soupy things).

And obviously, I din regret it! Wahahahahahaha. The food was notably better although the set meal remains the same; ordered one ramen, get a side dish and a free drink (hot tea or ice lemon tea).

Some items ate:

Ramen(s) of course

Some of e ramen were more spicy so do choose carefully. Seafood ramen and pork ribs ramen were the two ramen I tried. The seafood ramen was loaded with prawns, crab stick and even scallops! The pork ribs were in fact deep fried. It was delicious but really fattening!

In order to reduce the carbo intake, always ask for half the noodles!

Side Dishes

I tried both the fried calamari and mayonnaise prawns. No complain since I really like seafood and so long they are fresh, the taste should not differ too much.

Drinks

I am very particular with Ice Lemon Tea and the one in Ajisen tasted like “Seasons” brand, which I dun fancy. However, their fizzy soda was a different story; we tried Strawberry, Mango and Blue Coral. Strawberry was great!!

============================

Overall, the ala-carte pricing is mid range but the set meal is quite economical at $13.80 or $14.80. With multiple outlets across the little red dot, you have a range to choose from! For more information (outlets, promotions, menu etc), please visit HERE.

If you insist on visiting this particular outlet at Sembawang Shopping Centre, no one is gonna stop you. Be prepared to drive, take a cab, take a bus or take a mrt and follow by bus.

If you want to save a few cents, utilise the free shuttle-bus services available at Yishun and Sembawang MRT stations. More information is available HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment